Thursday, July 15, 2010

Light Bulb Moment!



While removing leftover thin-set and mortar via chisel and hammer, I thought to myself, "There has to got to be a better way!!!" So, seriously, I just googled, "Easy way to remove old thin-set from concrete" and I found out about a nice tool called a scarifier... which led me to concrete floor grinders! Who knew?! So, I contacted Home Depot's (located in Manassas) tool rental desk and asked about renting one (by the way, they are the only location in VA to offer one for rental) and found out the one they have was out of commission (of course!), but they referred me to Capital Tool Rentals who offered a gas powered type for about $200. Steep! Did I really want to spend more on prepping the ground, than the actual total cost of tile needed for the project?!
So, as a last resort I contacted Sunbelt's Tool Rental office and they have an electric type for $70 daily! Awesome! I have a feeling I won't be holding chisel and hammer for this project anymore :)

Jan

(Photos by Jan)

No comments:

Post a Comment