Thursday, July 1, 2010

Project #1






I realized under the bland carpet flooring of the upstairs bedrooms and stairs, were beautiful hardwood floors! Yes, they were in pretty rough shape in some spots, but nothing a little elbow grease, sanding and new stain couldn't fix. I started by pulling the carpet and padding from the room, which will soon become my office.

Helpful tool #1: The blue "mini crow bar," I purchased from Home Depot this morning, has already come in handy... great for plucking carpet/padding staples and ripping out the baseboard/moulding. So small, but big use! About $4.

I figured I would start with flooring projects, moving from room to room, to get things started.
I'm a little nervous for when it's time to remove the old tile from the kitchen... I've heard it may be difficult, but luckily for me there are great tools (chipping hammer) for the job!

-Jan

(Photos by Jan)

No comments:

Post a Comment