Thursday, September 2, 2010

1/2 Bath Project




With the floor pretty much cleaned up and level and since I'm waiting for the new kitchen window to be delivered, I thought it would be the perfect time to give a little TLC to the upstairs 1/2 bath. I don't know if I ever mentioned it in previous blogs, but I was thinking of putting a shower in the space by knocking out the wall into the closet in the nearby bedroom. I thought better of it though, thinking it might get too cramped. So, I'm going to keep it as a simple "powder room." I started off by vacuuming the floor, painting the window and door mouldings this beautiful "sea foam green" color by Behr (available at Home Depot :) ) and then began to lay the tile down... I can't really see it yet, but it's coming together...earlier today I ventured to the Restore in Alexandria and scored! I had been looking at some "Craftsman" style doors at Home Depot retailing at $350! I can't see myself paying that much for a front door (no matter how beautiful) in a home where I'm trying to incorporate "gently used" items, second hand items, etc. The door I snapped up was $25! All it's going to take is some sanding and some paint! Not a bad deal. Plus, I scored an 18" wide vanity for the upstairs 1/2 bath with sink... not a bad deal at a total of of $95!

(Photos by Jan)
Photos of the new front door and vanity to come in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment