Thursday, September 16, 2010

1/2 Bath Work









Started to work on the 1/2 bath a bit more steadily... cleaned-up the tile work (grouting still needs a bit of touch-up), painted a bit more and got the wainscoting up! Though it was a small room to work in, which took away much of fright, it was still challenging and at the same time rewarding. The work I did is not the most perfect looking, I'll admit, but it looks great and I learned a great deal. I'll be able to take what I learned with this project and apply it to projects to come... ahem! The kitchen...
The wainscoting I purchased from Lowes for, I believe, 9.99 a piece... the main part of it came in sheets about 40" or so long, already primed for paint. I then purchased wood pieces for the top and bottom moulding, which I had to prime myself. I then used extra bright white paint for the final coat and it turned out pretty nice.
The paint colors are both by Behr available through Home Depot.

Now, I'm working on smoothing out the "pot holes" in the drywall, with some mud and sanding... not fun, but necessary.

(Pics by Jan)

No comments:

Post a Comment