Friday, November 26, 2010

Water Filtration Tanks




A big pain in the butt were the water filtration tanks sitting in the furnace room/clothes washer area. Heavy. In the way. Non-functional for me. It would have been as simple as adding an elbow, but I didn't want to mess with it and instead contacted the company themselves to get an estimate..$250 is what they quoted. For a second opinion, I had F.H. Furr come over for another estimate and they quoted $427!!! What is going on here??? I told the plumber about the quote I had received prior and he said he would lower the price to $350... so, somewhat lower price than originally quoted and he was already there ready to do the work and get the tanks out of there... it was a deal.

The worst part, other than the money that was spent? It took him 20 minutes and one copper elbow! I've learned my lesson... can you say, plumbing lessons? Here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment